Monday, April 24, 2006

Reflections on this course

Blogging

I like the idea of blogging. I do think it is a communication tool we could use to good effect with our students and on a personal level too. But there is no point blogging if one doesn't have something to say, so whether I'll maintain this blog in the future remains to be seen. I admire other librarians who blog reflectively but am not sure I'm capable of such. We shall see. I know I could do a personal blog but who would read it... my life isn't that exciting!

Podcasting

This was fun. I've just listened to the podcast Fran and I did as an experimental Library Tour. Fran sounds great, I need to speak up. We need to practice our speech too - some hesitations there. Also, I need to speak in a more conversational style as I sound too formal and like I'm reading something (which I am!).

I think we could do more with this. We need to look into some editing software for PCs though because that is what we use here in the library. As great as Macs are, I just can't see us moving to that platform when most library management software is wedded to PCs. (In fact, I can't think of any library system that uses the Mac platform but there may be one of course). So - that means using what we have.

Making a podcast that sounds professional is going to take some work. I'm going to have to learn more about audio stuff because it is an area I don't know a lot about.

Flock

Even though Flock is still in beta version I'm quite impressed. I already use Firefox pretty much exclusively at home and work so Flock is not "unfamiliar" and has some excellent adddional features. I suppose I'd better add it to the options in Deamweaver and test out our pages in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment