Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I am the proud owner

Of a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 camera! A birthday present from DH - who is the proud owner of a Canon Eos 5D as of this weekend. I knew he was planning on getting me one sometime. I thought later this year. But, the deal was going down at a local vendor so opportunities had to be grasped.

Lots of great things about my little Lumix. I do like the ability to have it on auto for photography virgins like myself; DH can switch it to manual and take photos in RAW if he wants, though he's too busy fondling his new baby (heh heh). It's dinky but has enought weight to feel significant. You can have a bunch of different ratios and it does a widescreen option too.

I just wish the manual was written for the user, not for the manufacturer. ;-) I shall figure it out with a little help from my friends.

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the new camera! :) have fun w/ it and be sure to post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, congratulations on your new camera. And are Happy Birthday wishes in order too??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Penny that looks a really cool camera...have lots of fun with it. and happy belated birthday..hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:56 pm

    Loving the new toys ... and one each too!
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete