Monday, October 30, 2006

Walnut & Garlic Sauce

CW asked about the sauce I made for the pasta in the previous post. I saw a recipe on one of the food blogs I read, La Tavola and wanted to make it. Unfortunately it is in Italian and Babelfish had some trouble translating it for me.

Bablefish gives me:
200 grams of gherigli of walnuts
50 grams of pinoli
1 forelock of maggiorana toasts you to furnace
1/2 segment of garlic (or prezzemolo) 1
100 latte grams of curdled (or annealed)
1/2 oil glass.
IN ORDER TO FLAVOR:
60 grams of butter 8
80 grams of grattuggiato $parmesan

So I ended up doing this:

200g toasted walnuts
50g toasted pine nuts
Chopped parsley (2 tablespoons I think I put in)
3 cloves chopped garlic
cream (original recipe also suggests ricotta which is lower in fat)
olive oil
grated parmesan

I put all except the cream, oil and parmesan into a blender and whizzed it to a pesto consistency. Then I added the cream, oil and parmesan to my taste.

Then I drained the pasta and stirred it in.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... it must be the gherigli of walnuts that makes it look so good. I must try some time, thanks for posting the recipe Penny! :) By the way do you read Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:41 pm

    yummmmmy I like your translation a lot better.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - well I think I will use a forelock of mushrooms in the risotto tonight....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:16 pm

    Oh I do like the translation!! And you have talents in interpreting Italian as well as cooking yummy stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete