Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Yeah well I know it's Tuesday but I never got to the 'puter until today.



Monday - was going to have BBQ for Guy Fawkes but the weather put me off so we had a Lamb roast instead since I didn't cook it on the weekend like I meant to.

Tuesday - Spring Broth from HFG (chicken boobs, asparagus, beans... hopefully warm us up)

Wednesday- American hot dogs

Thursday - Sublime Salmon & Avocado Salad (recipe below)

Friday - Ham, pumpkin, pea risotto

Sat/Sun... still haven't totally decided. One day will be a vego curry I think. Might do a BBQ if the weather is good, or maybe leftovers from the freezer.

Sublime Salmon & Avocado Salad (from my friend S who got it from... somewhere.)

350g fresh salmon
2 T grated lime rind
1/4 cup lime juice
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 small pita breads
6 handfuls salad leaves
2 avocados peeled and sliced
2 oranges peeled and sliced (opt)

Preheat grill. Remove bones from salmon, Slice into thick slices crosswise. Arrange on baking dish. Combine oil, lime rind, juice and garlic. Split pita and cut into wedges. Place on baking trays. Brush dressing generously onto salmon & pita. Grill salmon and pita medium grill turning and basting salmon once during cooking (10-12 mins) or until salmon flakes easily and pita is golden brown. Arrange salad leaves on plates, add avocado, orange, pita wedges and salmon, tossing gently. Drizzle with remaining dressing &/or cooking juices. Serves 4.

7 comments:

  1. That salmon recipe sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I love salmon. My DH is not so keen though (unless it is smoked).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:08 pm

    One day we'll manage to do a foodplan too or else we copy yours- it sure is yummy *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:44 am

    The recipe sounds delicious! You are inspiring me to get back into the kitchen and cook more interesting dishes than my regular stand-byes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you steam or bake your pumpkin, when you're serving it as a side dish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rona - this recipe incorporates it into the risotto. I think it's best roasted myself, though this recipe microwaves (steams) it before adding it to the risotto.

    Welcome to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that salmon salad sounds yummy... I wonder if we can get fresh salmon in Italy? Do you think I could use canned?

    ReplyDelete