Friday, June 07, 2013

#blogjune 2013 Day 7: Five things Friday

1. Good to see the recycling bins are up at MPOW.


2. Hot pink slugs - awesome.  If you had to be a slug, this is the colour to be.

3. It takes a library: It is time to change the tone of the conversation about the future of libraries - agree 100%.

4. I watched a film on dyslexia today.  I sure wish there was as much awareness of dyspraxia as there is of dyslexia.

5. I tried some new food related things this week. I made a coffee and walnut cloud cake.  It's based on the angel food cake idea but I don't have a tube pan so I made two cakes instead.  It was delicious but I'll only be making it on special occasions as it's quite a bit of work.


Coffee & walnut cloud cake

I tried some buffalo sausages from the Whangapiro Buffalo Cheese co. Also delicious!  I think it's marvellous that we can get things like this here.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I think I am a lazy baker cos I am all about the easy lol your cake looked mighty fine not sure I could have coped if it was too much work.

    ReplyDelete